Are you really happy?

Hello & Assalamualaikum, readers.

By looking at the title, I know this entry may sound intense. However, it is just a simple question that I frequently asked myself before going on a social media detox. 

Well, if I were to ask people randomly, do you see me happy? Am I a happy person? Does "this face" shows I'm happy? If I'm doing this, am I really enjoying it?

In current generation, I must say we live in the society of everything are portrayed through Instagram post & Facebook status. If you see one posting a smiley selfie, you would straight away assume that person is happy. But is that person really happy?

Okay this has come to a loop of hell. But again ask yourself, are you really content with where you are in life now? If yes, then, Alhamdulillah, as every happiness comes from The Almighty. 

During my social media detox, it's definitely weird at first not to have anything to check on or scroll through. The only notifications I received are from Whatsapp and other apps, so there's no necessity to be checking my phone. When I was travelling, literally took out the phone just to take pictures of the places I visited. That's it. Then I realised, how engaged I was in a conversation with the people I met, how positive my mind turned out and how "happy" I am inside. 

Escaping the world of other people's life and feel content only with your life, your circle of friends and your family. MashaAllah, the feeling is incredible. The one extra thing I do is to put my phone on the airplane mode when before sleeping, or basically sometimes just switching them off. After 2 weeks of incorporating new routines such as waking up to only my alarm clock during Fajr, doing yoga or go on a jog, make breakfast and eat in peace without one hand on the phone and one hand holding the spoon, enjoying a quiet time listening to only birds and cars (sometimes children going to school). There's peace, there's no rush, there's happiness. 


And that's where I know, ah this thing, being away from the tech-world and engage with only the things that matters, bring happiness to me & unfortunately it didn't made to internet since not every details about my life need to be posted. 

There are also few phrases I got and absolutely love through reading one my favourite bloggers, Sarina, that I want to share with you;

" Perhaps one of the downfall of social media is the need to share everything. If you don't, then it didn't happen. It's important to not tie the value of our lives with the attention we get on social media."
Before ending this short post, here I share with you a picture of me travelling to one of my favourite city, walking in the rain with soaking wet clothes.

Hope to write to you guys soon. Til then, take care.

Love,
Qila.  

Popular Posts